Question from Joyce: So – what are your favorite foods and/or treats? Also, do you get any table scraps (human food)? If so – what are your favorite human food snacks?
- Rugby James: Oh I always like food questions!! I honestly like almost everyfing a lil dogger can eat. My favorite foods is anyfing that the Uprights give to me! Mostly the Mama makes sure I get really good treats, so usually it’s sumping like Lakse Kronch (see earlier blog post titled “Product Review: Lakse Kronch”). I’m allowed to have udder kinds of treats, only the Mama is purty careful so that I don’t get tummy trubbles, or get chubby, so I doesn’t get special treats very often. Mostly I gets extra kibbles when I does training wif the Mama, unless we is working on sumping really tuff, and then I gets Lakse Kronch.
- I gets one very special treat every week for grooming and nail trims. Mostly it’s a chickie footie, but if we doesn’t have any, I getsa have sum kinda jerky treat like Salmon jerky or Chicken jerky.
- The Daddy is purty good about handouts! He usually always gives me a pizza bone if the Uprights getsa have pizza what I really lubs. He always lets me lick out a yogurt cup too, and if he has tangerines or apples, I getsa have a lil bit of that. The Mama makes special snacks for me from canned punkin (not pie filling….just real punkin), and peanut butter and plain Greek yogurt. I gets those fings in Kong toys and frozen, or sumtimes in frozen ice cube trays. In warm weathers, the Mama gives me a frozen ice cube for a bedtime snack.
Question from Ella Bella Bunny Butt: Does it help your tummy to take Doggy Probiotics on a daily basis?? Or just when the vettie vet gibs you da medicines?
- Rugby James: I doesn’t gets tummy trubbles very often and I does get probiotics when that happens if the vetty vet finks I needs it. But sumtimes the Mama puts plain Greek yogurt in my kibbles and it kinda does the very same fing. She just does a spoonful of it, and mixes it in wif my kibbles and Salmon, and it’s extra yummy….or sumtimes she just gives me a spoonful in my supper dish for an extra snack what I likes for special.
Question from Kathleen: How are you doing with the washer now-is it still scary?
- Rugby James: What a good question, and you has a good memory….like a ediphant! I was barking sum crazy barking at the washer every time the Mama was doing laundry, and that’s what you remembered so good! Well, I’m doing better wif it. I doesn’t go after it every single time now, just once in a while….it’s random. Mostly what really gets me going is when it thumps really loud and the Mama gotsa re-arrange the stuff inside it. When it’s thumping, by golly, I’m gonna bark and tell it to knock off that naughty noise!! I’m the only one in this family what knows how to bark to save us! Phew! It’s a big responsibility!